Can the Effects of an Adatosil Injection Be Reduced in the Month After It Has Been Injected?

Two weeks ago I had some Adatosil injected and now I am regretting it. It was done by an board-certified PS so I was in good hands. And I know that it's permanent, but is there changing anything at this point?

Removing adatosil from the body

+1

Silicone injections and other permanent fillers (Adatosil) have become quite commonplace, especially since volume fillers have become more prevalent. Patients are often in search of permanent fillers that do not have to be replaced, but rarely understand that these fillers come with longterm complications, including inflammation, a rejection reaction, and fibrosis.  Our office specializes in silicone removal for patients who have undergone these fillers in the face and body. We have seen quite a few patients regain their livelihood once the fillers are removed.

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS

Options After Silicone Injections

+1

Where did you have the Adato-Sil injected? And yes, there are methods to help reduce the effects of the injections. I recommend you consult with someone (board-certified physician) experienced in injecting silicone. As you know or should have been told, Adato-Sil is the thicker of the two liquid silicones that are FDA-approved in the United States and should only be injected by an experienced injector. 

Channing R. Barnett, MD