What Are the Most Effective Treatments for Smoothing the 'Banana Roll' Area?

I have pockets of fat underneath my buttock, also known as the 'banana roll'. The area consists of a combination of fat and loose skin due to stretch marks. I've done a lot of research on possible treatments, but would appreciate a professional opinion to help narrow down the best procedures to smooth such an area.

+1

That area is difficult to improve as liposuction alone will make the skin sag more and the buttock look more droopy and a buttocks lift leaves big scars for the trade off.

Banana rolls

+1

Banana rolls often can be treated with liposuction alone. However if there is significant loose skin, it may make it worse.  An exam is critical to formulate a plan.

A simple double fold will often respond to liposuction if everything else is normal.

+1

Your best bet is to seek consultation from an experience and respected specialist in your area for an examination and treatment plan.  It is important to have an in-person consultation to discuss all of the options. 

Mark Taylor, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

Treatment of "banana rolls"

+1

It is not possible to give good advice without direct examination.

However, one of the most difficult areas of the body to treat with liposuction and/ or  lipectomy  is the “banana roll" below the buttocks area.

Most patients I see for treatment of this area,  I steer away from surgical procedures.

BE CAREFUL!

Treatment of banana rolls

+1
Unfortunately, you haven't posted a photograph. If your problem is fat based, then liposuction would improve it. If you have excessive skin below the buttocks, then an excisional procedure would be necessary to treat it on the order of a thigh/buttock lift. Much depends on the laxity of the skin and the amount of underlying fat. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for an evaluation.

Robert L. Kraft, MD