What is the most effective nonsurgical alternative to a facelift?

My upper cheeks have sagged, as well as my lower cheeks. The lower part of my face has a bit of fat past the jawline. I don't have a lot of facial fat, which is why my lower eyelids are now hollow. What is the most effective way to lift the sagging skin, without having a facelift? I'm young, and I've been told it wasn't a good idea to get a facelift at my age, plus I'm too scared. This was caused by a year of insomnia. Thank you very much.

Honestly, if you have sagging facial and neck skin there is no effective alternative to a face and neck lift. The best non surgical skin tightening techniques such as Ulthera, radiofrequency and others is 20% skin tightening.

You will not see a result in the mirror and will have to be shown before and after photos to see any benefit.

Save your money and wait until you can have a facelift by an expert/

Non-surgical face lift options

Your non-surgical options are dictated by your specific needs which may include any of the below measures:
1)improving your wrinkles: Botox
2)improving your loss of volume: Radiesse
3)improving your texture: Erbium facial resurfacing.
4)improving skin looseness: VIORA REACTION radiofrequency
A consultation would allow us to customize your treatment plan

For the face, there are a number of non-surgical procedures you can do to improve the appearance of your neck and jowls. Skin tightening with VIORA REACTION radiofrequeuncy will tighten your skin with minimal pain and downtime, in addition, for an even greater improvement you can liposuction around the cheeks and jowls under local anesthesia. A consultation would allow us to customize your treatment plan.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Non-invasive facelifting.

It is now more and more common for patients to request a completely non-surgical facelift or non-surgical necklift. Unfortunately, options are not "great" and I am rarely ever very satisfied with results, although, patients are and that is what is most important.

Ultherapy is the gold standard of non-invasive treatment for the neck and face. Period. Why? It is precise (no guesswork as you have an image of exactly what you are treating) and it can go deeper than radiofrequency or lasers presently. In addition, only one treatment is needed in comparison to radiofrequency which requires multiple. It is uncomfortable, it sure is and I recommend getting medicated to reduce the discomfort. Results last 18-24 months for most.

Kybella in a new product that was FDA approved in 2015 that melts away fat under the chin. This can be used in addition to other treatments or by itself.

As far as minimally invasive techniques, the Silhouette Lift is available and produces significant results, although small incision is needed, thus it is not completely non-invasive. Sometime in the summer of 2015, the Silhouette soft, or Instalift, will be available that requires no stitches. Results are not nearly as pronounced as the Silhouette lift, although the less invasiveness may be attractive to many.

Robert S. Bader, MD
Miami Dermatologic Surgeon

Non surgical facelifting

A combination of fillers for volume restoration and non surgical tightening like Ultherapy would help.  There are a number of other skin tightening treatments that may help but the results are not comparable to surgery.

George Bitar, MD
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

We now have great options for volume loss in the cheeks

Thanks for your question. You need to have a consultation with a board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon to learn all of your treatment options. We now have great options for volume loss in the cheeks, especially with fillers. Voluma is FDA cleared right now for this; Perlane is awaiting FDA clearance for this at this time; and Radiesse Plus (with Lidocaine) received FDA clearance this week. A skilled injector can use these products to make very natural improvements – sometimes this is known as a liquid facelift.

In addition, one can have Ulthera performed on the face and neck, if needed. This is fractionated ultrasound and has shown some very impressive results when used by skilled providers. And skin care is very important here – and should be used with any of the procedures to maintain and enhance what is being done in the office setting.

Find the right doctor, and this should not be a problem to correct in this day and age.

Michael Gold, MD
Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon

Nonsurgical Alternatives To A Facelift

There are really no true nonsurgical alternatives to a facelift that will work. There are many techniques and technologies that are being discussed and are being used both experimentally and clinically, but none have the effect of a “True Facelift”. This really requires a surgical rejuvenation with central facial fat compartment “Filling” and “Lifting” laterally with a SMAS type of facelift. This should be done in the hands of a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with understanding and expertise in the science of facial aging.

Rod J. Rohrich, MD

Non Surgical Face Lift

Thank you for your question about non surgical face lift.

A liquid facelift might be helpful, including the use of Voluma for your cheeks.

To be sure, see two or more licensed and board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have these treatments.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Nonsurgical alternatives to a facelift

Thankfully you are now living in a time where nonsurgical options for rejuvenating the face are safe, effective, and reducing or delaying the need for surgical interventions. Best to speak with your dermatologist about neurotoxins such as Botox for dynamic wrinkles (forehead, frown lines, Crow's feet) and fillers such as Juvederm and Restylane for laugh/nasolabial lines, sad lines / Marionette lines, plumping up lips or cheek bones, or defining the jawline. Laser ablative resurfacing and deep chemical peels can also be quite beneficial. Microneedling/dermaroller is another safe treatment to consider to stimulate your own collagen.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Face Lift Alternatives

Thank you for your question. Facial fractional CO2 laser and fillers and Neurotoxins are a good alternative, and can deliver very satisfying results in the right hands. See a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and a Board Certified Dermatologist for a consultation on these options.I hope this helps!

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Sagging facial skin

Thank you for your question about a non-surgical face lift.

Without an examination, no one can tell you what might help.
But if you are young, treatments can include Botox, fillers, skin care, peels and lasers. 
if you are under 35 it is almost definitely too early for a face lift .
If the changes you are seeing were caused by insomnia, they are probably reversible -
A good diet, exercise and happiness can work wonders as well -
Look after yourself and enjoy the results of the treatments you choose.

Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.