Will Behind the Ear Hearing Aids Make a Difference for Mini Face Lift?

I am considering a mini face lift. I am a 70 year old female with very Little sagging for my age but I would like to keep up my appearance. I wear behind the ear hearing aids. Will the incisions interfere with the comfort and/or fit of my hearing aids?

Hearing aids and incisions

+2

I have a little bit different view than my previous colleagues. I feel that the in ear component may have relevance for a Mini lift. Typically, I place my incision behind that little bump in front of the ear canal called the tragus. If your surgeon placed the incision in this locaqtion it will slightly change the shape of the location where you hearing assist device resides.   Even small variations of you ear canal can cause an improper fit or pain. Neither of those options are good. In your case, placing the incision in front of the ear would be preferential. Good luck

Reno Plastic Surgeon

+2

Typically not.  The hearing aids may place a bit of pressure on the fresh Face Lift Incisions but these have been well tolerated in our patients getting the Celebrity Lift, which our version of a minimal incision Face Lift.  Be sure that the surgeon, you select, understands and follows the proper aesthetics of facial beauty for the creation of a naturally, more attractive face.

Web reference: http://www.thepalmercodeinstitute.com

Hearing Aids and Facelift Scars

+1

Hearing aids are common and should not be problematic with a Mini-Face Lift. What is important that your surgeon examine you with the hearing aids in place to determine if the incisions should be modified or not. For example an incision can be made at the edge of the tragus (the "bump of cartilage in front of your ear) or in front of it  instead of behind it. 

Hearing aids and mini facelift

+1

Typically, the mini facelift should not affect the fit and comfort of your hearing aids.  That said, Dr. Virden makes a good point about one specific type of hearing aid.  If you specifically wear that type of aid, your incision could be modified, with still an excellent result, so as to not interfere with the aid.  Given the excellent advice you received on this forum, I recommend you ask your surgeon about this.

Web reference: http://kassmd.com

Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

Mini lift and hearing aid

+1

Typically the mini lift incision does not extend behind the ears, so I think this will work well for you.  You should have a detailed discussion with your plastic surgeon about this.  Before surgery he or she can mark you with the hearing aids in place to be sure that no interference will be created by the scars.

Abington Plastic Surgeon

Mini Facelift and Hearing Aids

+1

There are enough variations in the placement of the incisions around the ears when doing a mini facelift that your surgeon can avoid irritation secondary to you hearing aids. Make sure he examines you with the aids in place before the surgery. 

Hearing aids and a facelift

+1

I think the hearing aids present no problem with the surgery and I routinely have my patients place their hearing aids back on in the recovery room.

Will mini lift affect my haring aid?

+1

Most mini lift procedures are designed to not have an incision behind the ear so most likely this will not be an issue for you. Your surgeon should explain where and why incisions will be placed. Good luck!

Fort Lauderdale Facial Plastic Surgeon

Mni-Face Lift And Hearg Aids

+1

A Mini- Facelift Is intended for use in people with minimal skin laxity and sagging. The removal of small amounts of sagging skin does not require extending the incision behind the ears and as such should not interfere with hearing aids.