Can The Ear's Antihelix Be Unfolded In Surgery?

I'm male 29 year's old, but not satisfied my ear. 1 ear the antihelix more border than normal, in the front that make the people unable to see the helix rim clearly. So can we do the surgery to unbold the antihelix similar like the right normal ear or not? Thanks you!

Otoplasty to unfold the anti helix after otoplasty

+1

This can be done. This situation is more complicated than the original procedure. It will take releasing of the sutures and scar tissue that is currently holding the anti helix in the current position that was done from the original procedure. I would go to someone that is experienced in revision otoplasty.

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ear Surgery/ Otoplasty

+1

Dear patient, yes it is possible to have this particular surgery done. It would require sculpting of the cartilage. You would need to consult your physician first. 

Teanoosh Zadeh, MD
Montreal Plastic Surgeon

Otoplasty ear surgery

+1

Hi Troi

It is possible to do what you are asking but is difficult for me to describe exactly how it would be done without a photo. 

Best of luck

Chase Lay, MD

Chase Lay, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon