Is the droopiness in my right eyelid from ptosis? Can it be corrected without surgery? (photo)

I have had a droopy eyelid for a few years and it's only gotten worse. It has negatively affected my self esteem and I want to correct it, but I need opinions on the severity of it, and how much surgery might cost if necessary.

Mild ptosis on the right

+1

The close up photo is not great because you are looking up.. However in the other one, you will appreciate that there is a ptosis of the right. Take a good look at the light reflex in the pupil. The light reflex is in the pupil on the right, indicating a low or ptotic lid. It is higher on the left, or normal side. The ptosis makes it appear as though there is a wider lid "platform" - the area just above the lashes. A surgery to correct the ptosis should make the two eyes look more symmetric.

Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Eyelid ptosis

+1
This asymmetry is not ptosis but instead a normal difference between eyes. It can be improved with surgery.

Christopher J. Davidson, MD, FACS
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon