Could the Dr. Have Scored the Pocket Too Deeply?

I had bilateral mastectomy & reconstruction beginning in Dec. 2011.Within days of implant surgery I developed blisters on 1 side & my skin was scapulated. Eventually this broke into a huge hole & the skin & muscle were gone. I am healing for three months & the Dr. says I may need the expander put back in & some kind of support as the muscle is gone. Is it customary to score the inside pocket & was 2 wks after my last fill of the expander too soon? Thank you

Mastectomy skin issue

+1

I am not sure exactly what happened, but mastectomy flaps sometimes do not heal well due to the change in the blood supply when the flaps are very thin.  Sometimes the tissue expander gets infected or exposed and needs to be replaced when things have healed.