What is the Downtime for Fat Transfer in Buttocks?

I am a 30 year old Asian, 5'4, 121 lbs. I have always had about two inches of belly fat and 2 inches of love-handles. I would like the fat transferred from my problem areas into my buttocks (I can barely hold a half inch of fat from this area). I would love it if someone could answer my concerns about the costs, recovery time and the scarring. Any recommendations in New York City would be helpful too!

Autologous Fat Transfer to the buttocks

+1
Based on you description, you are a great candidate for AFT. This will take care of your problem areas mentioned as well as contour your buttock region to lift and project. Downtime is about a week with you not sleeping on your bum for two weeks. Scarring is minimal with quarter inch incisions that heal very well in the bikini region. Best of luck.

What is the downtime following the BBL?

+1

The BBL has become very popular throughout the country and in our office  has  become the most requested procedure. The post-op recovery varies from patient to patient, but most patients may return to non-strenuous work after about 1 week ( some even sooner) You can begin light exercises after about 2-3 weeks. Bruising usually disappears by about 2- 3 weeks, especially with the aid of postop massage and ultrasound treatments. By about 6 weeks the result can be seen and not much change is expected after this period in terms of swelling or possible fat absorption. The results of the liposuction that is used to obtain the fat can aslo be appreciated at this time. Scarring is minimal, with most strategically located to minimize their presence.

George Lefkovits, MD

Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

You seem to be petit with small amount of fat in the stomach and love handles. That will make your price much less than the avarage.

the recovery is much quicker too, about one to two weeks . Cost may range from $ 8000-10,000

Recovery After Fat transfer to the Buttocks

+1

You are a very good candidate for the procedure based on your height and weight listed. My patients are almost fully recovered from the liposuction within the first few days. Your buttocks will be sore and you will get medication that helps. Probably 50-70% recovery within the first week is reasonable. Your remaining discomfort will be gone after another 1-2 weeks. Faster recovery than this is possible but this is a very patient dependant kind of thing.

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS