What if the Doctor Transferred Too Much Fat in Your Face? How Can This Be Corrected?

What if the Doctor Transferred Too Much Fat in Your Face?  How Can This Be Corrected?

Too much fat in face injected

+2

Wait for the  initial swelling to go down first. It is easier to remove grafted fat early After a year or so the fat becomes fibrous and is difficult to remove evenly. I believe a revision unlike other surgeries should be earlier  at about the 3 month time. A very small canula must be used..I don't us a dressing afterwards.. I place the patient on a decreasing dose of prednisolone immediately afterwards.

Too much fat in face

+1

Sometimes too much fat can be injected into one area. This can be corrected with a conservative amount of liposuction to that area.

Elliot M. Heller, MD

Revision Fat Transfer

+1

Dear buzzman,

It all depends on how much fat is overinjected and how much time it has been.  For little swellings, then local injections of steroids can help reduce any focal puffiness.  If there is a lot of extra fat then removing them using a micro-cannula liposuction is the way to go.  It can all be done under local anesthesia as well so you can go home the same day.

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

Fat excess after fat grafting.

+1

It depends on how long ago it was done and where on the face it is,etc. I would need to see you or the photo to give a proper answer. 

Fat transfer

+1

After fat transfer would recommend waiting atleast 6 months. If you still have too much fat, it can be liposuctioned through a micr cannula. Requires lots of care and expertise.