The Doctor Put Juvederm in the Two Vertical Lines Between Nose and Lip. It is Huge?

I had juvederm injections 3 days ago. The bruising is still very bad. The doctor put in a lot of product into the vertical lines between the nose and lip and they are huge! Will this get better? It is the first thing you see on my face now!

Swelling A Few Days After Juvederm Injection in the Upper LIp WIll Improve

+2

Juvederm is made of hyaluranic acid, a naturally occuring product in your body.  It will attract water after it is injected and swell over a couple of days.  This will resolve over two weeks.  At that time you can make a decision if you like the result or want the Juvederm removed.  It can be removed with a simple injection of vitrasse (hyaluronidase).  It will instantly dissolved the injected Juvederm.

I would place warm compress on the bruising over the next couple of days.

Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swelling from Juvederm in lips

+2

It is always advisable to wait at least one and preferably two weeks for all of the swelling to resolve before assessing the results of filler injections, especially a hyaluronic acid filler like Juvederm. I always recommend waiting several weeks for the swelling to go down after the treatment before worrying about any long-term adverse effects or considering any "touch-up" treatments such as additional filler injections or reversing the treatment using hyaluronidase.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Swelling in upper lip area 3 days after Juvederm. Will this go away ?

+1

A photo would be helpful,  but it sounds like you are at least experiencing swelling which normally lasts a few days. After this you can determine whether you had too much volume injected. If you are not happy with the results, It can be corrected with Vitrase pretty quickly and it will return to normal. 

Sam Naficy, MD

Juvederm in Nasolabial Folds

+1

Until at least two weeks pass, it is impossible to tell how much of what you are describing is Juvederm, and how much is simply swelling. Until this time, I recommend avoiding aspirin and alcohol, and perhaps trying the herbal supplement Arnica Montana. Ice can help reduce the swelling as well. Unfortunately, it just takes time. Good luck! 

Cameron Rokhsar, MD

Big Lines after Juvederm

+1

Lips can swell immediately or within a day or so of injection. You need to give your lips a chance to settle down before getting worried. If you just have swelling, you should be better in a day or two. If there is bruising I think that you need to give them two weeks. 

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

Swelling

+1

Everyone's response to injectible fillers is different. Some swell more than others and its important to allow this initial response to fade before making any decisions of revision. Wait a couple of weeks before making a decision.

And always discuss these issues with your surgeon. We want to know about these reactions.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon