Can the Doctor Make my Breasts Bigger if I Get Surgery Again?

I just got saline implants, not sure what size but I told him I wanted them big and showed him pictures. He told me he made them as big as he could. They are decent but not huge. Is he serious when he said he couldn't make them bigger? If I got another surgery, would they be able to make them larger since the stuff is stretched out? (Of course I would wait quite awhile before undergoing surgery again) Thank you!

Implants and final size

+1

Yes, often you are limited by the patients anatomy in terms of final size. As the body accomodates to the implant and stretches, sometimes larger implants can be used at a later time but may contribure to more complications as you go to larger implants.

Going bigger with breast augmentation revision

+1

After your first procedure the skin envelope will relax to accomodate the implant and very often it is possible to go bigger, even if the available skin would not allow the fuller implant from the start. It might be best to give it year before a revision.

Secondary augmentation

+1
There is a limit on how large to augment. The skin envelope must be able to close. If you want to be even larger, then the breast envelope must have enough time to stretch out. Additionally, you will have the risk of complications which should be discussed with your plastic surgeon.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Can I Go Bigger

+1

Without examining you or seeing pictures it is difficult to provide specific advice.  I imagine that your surgeon was "serious" about the sizing.  Having said that, it is true that once your beast envelope has stretched out, it is possible to increase the implant size.  Be warned, however, that with larger implants come higher complication risks and increased requirements for revisional surgery.  Gravity will also have a greater effect, and you will likely need a mastopexy sooner.

I suggest discussing all of these issues with your surgeon, or get a second or third opinion.  Although it is usually possible to go bigger, it is not always in your best interest. If a surgeon recommends against it, there's usually a good reason.

Warmest Regards,

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Can I Go Bigger with Revisionary Breast Surgery?

+1

As you can imagine, it is not possible to provide you with precise advice online. However, I am sure that your plastic surgeon was “serious” when he said he could not take your breasts larger that he did. Remember, that safety and avoidance of complications are first priorities.

Often, it is possible to increase the breast size further with repeat surgery;  again, much will depend on your specific physical examination/anatomy.

I would suggest that you continue to follow-up with your plastic surgeon;  communicate your questions/concerns in a  calm/constructive fashion.

Can the Doctor Make my Breasts Bigger if I Get Surgery Again

+1

Often patients can have larger implants placed after they have healed from their original surgery. There are variables--there must be larger implants available (800cc is the largest available) and your tissues are appropriate. 

Do discuss with your surgeon the long term problems that can occur with large implants. 

Thanks and best wishes.