If the doctor hits a nerve while injecting botox should you refrain from exercise?

I got botox injections 2 days ago and the doctor hit a nerve in my forehead which sent a sharp pain to the top of my head. Since then if I rub my forehead or yawn etc I can still fill a strange pull/feeling on the top of my head. I do extreme exercise, should I refrain until it improve? What are the potential risks?

+1

This may take a few weeks resolve but you do not need to avoid extreme exercise, if youre still concerned, follow up with your medical provider

Resuming exercise after Botox Cosmetic injection

+1

If there is any concern, then waiting a day would be appropriate after Botox injection. Exercise may generally be resumed within the same day after Botox Cosmetic. You may have temporary strange sensation during exertion, but we don't normally anticipate long term issues.

Dr. Chaboki

Houtan Chaboki, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Neuralgia after treatment with Botox

+1

That strange feeling/sensation may take weeks to resolve, but strenuous/extreme exercise will not affect its resolution one way of the other. The nerve that was traumatized with the needle will heal regardless of your activity level, but will take time.

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Nerve hit when Botox injected

+1

Sometimes when Botox is injected, it is possible to hit a sensory nerve in the forehead. This produces the sensation that you experienced, which is a sharp pain which travels to the top of the head. It is not unusual that you could still feel a strange sensation when you touch the area and this will go away completely with time. You do not need to avoid extreme exercise, as this will not affect the time it takes for the issue to resolve.

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon