What is the Difference Between Smart Liposuction and Micro Liposuction?

is there any difference between the two? Over the last few months I've lost a good deal of weight and I'm happy with the results overall. However even though I've shrunk all over my proportions have remained the same and my outer thighs are still too large for my petite stature. Every doctor seems to offer a different "type" of liposuction. I don't think I'm large enough for regular liposuction and I don't need to take a lot out, so how do I know which type is right for me?

Liposuction and technique

+1

I always say it is not the want but the magician waving the wand that produces the magic.  It is all surgeon dependent not a specific technique.

Liposuction after weight loss with some areas that won't improve.

+1

The procedures some doctors recommend to you are often related to their experience and what technology they have invested in . All types of liposuction have their place, including traditional techniques; however the newer "energy" based systems have demonstrated advantages over traditional and by extension, micro based techniques. There are big differences in the newer Lasers over the previous ones so be sure your surgeon is using the newest technology. I use the Smart Lipo Triplex. It is their latest and has a new Laser, in addition to the previous two in the system, allowing the surgeon to more thoroughly treat the areas. The critical component though, is  the surgeon doing your procedure even more than the technology. During your consult you should see the surgeon. The patient coordinator is not qualified to evaluate these issues with you. See a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with good experience in these procedures and ask to see the pictures of the areas you are looking at treating. 

David R. Stephens, MD