What's the Difference Between a Neck Lift and the Lifestyle Lift?

Is the Lifestyle lift worth considering and what is the difference between that and the neck lift? Doctors keep trying to talk me into a full face lift, but I can't afford the down-time that takes to heal.

Difference between neck lift and facelift

+1

A neck lift is a procedure whereby no excess skin removed.  It simply removes fat in the neck both above and below the platysmal muscle, as well as tightening the platysmal muscle in the front.  The comprehensive lower face/neck lift includes the neck lift, plus removal of excess skin in the face and neck, addresses jowls, tightens the muscles in the posterior portion of the neck and the front portion of the neck.

A neck lift versus a lifestyle lift

+1

A lifestyle lift is a marketing trademark that generally refers to a lower facelift and neck lift performed under local anesthesia using either a smas plication or imbrication technique. Lifestyle lift is deceptive in their marketing when they advertise a very short healing time. A quality facelift that is designed to last will require at least one week of downtime and can take a few months for all of the swelling to resolve. It is very difficult to try short cuts when it comes to facial rejuvenation procedures. Most people who try to find deals or procedures that promise less downtime are almost always disappointed with the final results. If I were you I would be patient and try to plan a time in the future when you can have a full facelift that will give you the best and longest lasting results.

The lifestyle lift vs neck lift

+1

Lifestyle lift is a marketing gimmick and basically it is a mini-lift (cheek lift). It does not include the neck. However, many patients need more than a mini-lift (cheek lift), such as liposuction, chin implant and the neck. The Lifestyle people will do these but at an added cost. So by the time you are done you'll pay as much or more than elsewhere. Plus, very little interaction with the actual surgeon, follow up by nurses and the actual surgery is done under local with oral sedation so the patient is quite aware of everything. Having said that , when patients are well selected results can be excellent. Do your research.

Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lifestyle lift is a marketing term not a medical procedure

+1

Lifestyle lift is a term that was trademarked and marketed by a business.  The lifestyle lift company has opened clinics all over the country.  I recently examined their website, and there are 85 doctors performing this trademarked procedure.  I believe many of them are actually employees of the company.  

A lifestyle lift is a surgical procedure that is similiar to a necklift or mini-facelift done without general anesthesia.   Since it is not a medical term, I cannot tell you the exactly procedure or the steps the surgeon takes.  I am sure there are differences in technique between the 85 surgeons.  Just like everything in life, there are going to be some amazing surgeons doing the lifestyle lift, and there will be some that are not as good.  When undergoing surgery, I believe choosing the most qualified doctor as the most important aspect of the decision to undergo elective facial surgery.  You can talk with a qualified doctor to find the right procedure that will fit your goals, needs, and tolerance for downtime.  

Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

What is the difference between a lifestyle lift and a full facelift.

+1

The difference between a lifestyle lift and a full facelift is essentially if the neck has excess skin and cords (needs full lift) or early aging that needs only a "mini" lift. The healing time depends on the bruising primarily and you should not have a longer recovery with a full facelift that a "mini" lift. I have many patients who  have had a forehead lift and facelift and return to work a week later. Get the best result by an experienced facelift surgeon!

Lifestyle Lift is not a Neck Lift

+1

Hi,

There are many differences between a Lifestyle Lift and a Neck Lift. Here are the basic differences:

1. Lifestyle Lift:

- a SMAS plication (meaning suturing of the facial tissues) with removal of excess skin

- is done under local anesthesia

- shorter recovery than a "traditional" facelift (this is a little complicated but the Lifestyle Lift is essentially a traditional facelift with a lot of marketing terms applied to it)

- primarily addresses the jaw line and in some select patients with the correct anatomy can also improve the neck

2. Neck Lift:

- is done with incisions under the chin and sometimes with incisions behind the ear as well (depends on each patient's unique needs)

- can also be done under local anesthesia

- recovery time is typically equivalent to that of a facelift

-primarily addresses the neck and the muscle bands associated with a "turkey neck"

These can be done independant of each other or at the same time - again it depends on what your anatomy is like and what your goals are.

Best bet is to consult with a surgeon who is experienced in all types of face lifts and neck lifts and can advise you as to what is best indicated for you. Recovery time is important but these are elective procedures so schedule what you can when you can to make the most of it. Even the exact same procedure done on two different patients can have different recovery times because so many factors are involved.

Good Luck,

Dr. Kamran Jafri