What is the difference in a "lite" lift and a quick lift?

I live in the south.  I'm unable to find a doctor anywhere that does a "lite" lift; I believe it is similar to the Lifestyle lift.  There are no strings involved either.   The doctors in the south appear to behind the times.

Quicklift vs Litelift

+1

unlike popular misconception, the Quicklift scar is not short! Infact it is much longer than many traditional SMAS facelifting techniques. The length of the Quicklift scar enables two positive outcomes. 1. the vector of lift is North south unlike the pulled back appearance of many other SMAS tightening techniques and 2. in my experience a longer incision heals far better than a shorter one.

Another Misnomer in my opinion is that a Quicklift is "quick" or surgery "lite"! In my hands a quicklift performed meticulously and properly can take up to 4 hours, longer if adjuvant procedures are performed. What is quick is the recovery time which is significantly quicker than other techniques.

At the end of the day individual surgeons have their individual preferrences and know what works best in their hands. I have moved over to the Quicklift technique as in my hands, I feel it gives a more natural result, similar longevity with more traditional lifts and significantly reduced recovery time, anaesthetic risk, cost, and risk of haematoma formation / nerve injury.

London Facial Plastic Surgeon

What is a Quicklift

+1

A Quicklift is a facial and neck rejuvenation procedure that tightens the SMAS  muscle layer in the face and the platysma muscle in the neck through a suture piication technique.  The results are an elevated mid face, correction of jowls, and a tight, youthful neck.  I often perform this with fat transfers to the cheek to produce a volumized, youthful appearance. Beware of skin only techniques as they often produce the same amount of external scars in front of and behind the ears, without as much longevity of results.  Good luck and take care.

Melinda Lirag Lacerna-Kimbrell, MD, FACS
Sarasota Plastic Surgeon

Differneces Between the Quicklift, Lifestyle Lift, LiteLift™ and other Modified Facelifts

+1

Differneces Between the Quicklift, Lifestyle Lift, LiteLift™ and other Modified Facelifts -

1. These are all modified facelifts, they use real incisions which are shorter than traditional. They all tighten the muscle.
  2. They are not skin only mini lifts.
  3. They all modify the SMAS or muscle layer.
  4. Rhey all use more limited incisions in the skin.
  5. Lifestyle lifts are a nationwide chain of surbgery centers.
    1. Each doctor does his own variation of a procedure.
  6. The LiteLift™ in californai is only done by two doctors in private practice.
  7. The LiteLift™ can be done in the office under local or in a surgicenter with twilight sedation or even general anaesthesia if the patient desires.

Lite Lift vs Quick Lift

+1

The mini-lifts may be tough to choose from because of all the brand names such as LifeStyle Lift, S-Lift, Quick Lift, LiteLift, MACS and others. In many cases there are more similarities than differences between these procedures as they share the use of smaller incisions, quicker recoveries, and are often done under local anesthesia with oral sedation so that a general anesthetic is not needed. Differences are often more related to the surgeons experience and preference of surgical  technique nuances. I understand how confusing this must be to the consumer. For example in my practice the Lite Lift procedure is performed - see below link for further details.

Probably most important is the skill and experience of the surgeon. 
Remember it is the skill and experience of the surgeon that counts not the name !!  Great surgeons get great results, period. The best way to find one is to start with a  Board Certified Plastic Surgeon  or Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon with extensive experience over many years. Ask to see before and after photos, especially long term ones. and ask the number of times you will be seen afterwards by the surgeon rather than a medical assistant. A good place to start is "find a doctor" on the American Society of Plastic Surgeons or American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons web sites.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS