What is the Difference Between Artizan Lazer and Ulthera?

I am having treatments with the Artizan lazer for collegen renewal and skin tightening. Would ulthera be the better choice? Can I do ulthera after the lazer treatments.

Ulthera versus Artizan Laser

+1

Thank you for your question. Ulthera deposits focused ultrasound energy below the surface of the skin to stimulate the body’s creation of new collagen. As a result, skin will actually begin to lift and tone over time. Collagen is a natural protein that gives skin its youthfulness by keeping it firmed, toned and elastic. It is an excellent treatment, and is also FDA-approved. I would suggest Ulthera instead of the Artizan Laser. 

Ultherapy is cleared by the FDA for skin lifting

+1

The Palomar Artisan laser and other lasers can induce collagen, but that is different from a lifting device such as the Ulthera which was FDA cleared for skin lifting. It does this by contracting the SMAS connective tissue layer that supports the face and also induces new collagen. The deep focused ultrasound energy penetrates to 4.5 millimeters deep, while allowing the doctor to safely see on a monitor, the area they are treating.

Ronald Shelton, MD