What is the Best Dermal Filler for Cheeks?

i'm thinking of getting fillers in my cheeks to lift up my face a bit as i look tired. i was just wondering what is the best filler for this location? i already had juvederm ultra plus xc injected in my nasal labial folds and feel i still look tired and smile line seems to still be there sagging (like i'm frowning) so went to a few other doctors and they said the best solution was to inject some in cheeks to lift the face (one said juvederm and another said radiesse) which is the best?

Minilifts might do better than temporary fillers to lift the lower face.

+1

Many patients don't realize how easy it is to undergo a mini facelift under local anesthesia.  Fillers by themselves rarely lift the lower sagging face and can augment a minifacelift.  You may need both.  Radiesse does nice in the cheeks.  Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Injectable fillers

+1

Without a photo or face to face examination it is impossible to know what would be best for you. In general I prefer Radiesse for the nasolabial folds and sculptra for the cheeks (you can find examples on the referenced web page). However none of these injections will really lift the face. If you have significant marionette lines and/or jowls no amount of filler injection will lift that sagging tissue. If the sagging is less severe filling of the lines can give the appearance of a lift but nothing is really lifted.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD