How Does the Depth of the Fat Transfer Affect my Body's Contour in a Brazilian Butt Lift?

BBL Fat injections

+1

This procedure involves a lot of 'art' as well as 'science'  - the location / layers of the fat injections are determined by the patient's anatomy.  I often inject fat throughout multiple layers of the buttocks including submuscular, intramuscular, and subcutaneous, by filling in multiple layers you will get a higher survival rate of the fat and overall optimal results, of course this is tailored and altered for each individual patient and their unique characterisitics and the desired outcome.

Depth of the Fat Transfer and Contour in a Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

There are 2 schools of thought on where should the fat be placed. While all surgeons agree on the need for placing narrow strands of fat at multiple depths, some place the fat in bothe the muscle and the subcutaneous fat while others place it only in the subcutaneous layer. The amount of contour you have now PLUS the amount and way in which the fat is placed will determine your contour after surgery with a Brtazilian Butt Lift.

Peter A Aldea, MD