Can I Have the Denist File Down my Front Teeth to Blend a Tiny Chipped Tooth (Half Rice Size)? (photo)

For now, I'd prefer filing down my front teeth if it makes 50% better. Can dentist slighlt file down about 1-2 mm to make it look better ? Right now, i have no sensitivity from chipped teeth. 

Enamelplasty

+1

I think shortening and recontouring your incisors, also called enamelplasty ( shaping the enamel ), is a good idea in your case. This should provide much improvement for very little time and expense.

Cleveland Cosmetic Dentist

File down a chipped tooth

+1

Most of the time, dentists are there to preserve enamel and not file down teeth, but in this case, I think it would be the appropriate treatment. Your front central incisors are much longer than the other teeth. By shortening and contouring these two teeth, you will have a very nice smile with even teeth and no chip!

Robert Fields, DDS
Los Angeles Cosmetic Dentist

Contour Your chipped teeth.

+1

you can easily fixed the uneven appearance by microdiscing chipped tooth and the adjacent tooth.

Richard Sprague, DDS
Los Angeles Cosmetic Dentist

File Down Chipped Front Tooth

+1

From the picture provided, with your longer central incisors, it should work fine to shorten and smooth both teeth for a more esthetic result. (enamelplasty)

Mickey Bernstein, DDS
Memphis Cosmetic Dentist