What is the Cost of Rhinoplasty if Done in Conjunction with Insurance Covered Septoplasty? (photo)

I'm looking at having my deviated septum fixed after I'm done breast feeding. At the same time I would like to have the rhinoplasty done to narrow my bridge/tip and define my nostrils. Approximitely how much would the additional rhinoplasty cost, if my insurance is covering the septoplasty?

Rhinoplasty done in conjunction with insurance covered septoplasty

+1

A septoplasty and rhinoplasty can be performed at the same time, however, the septoplasty is billed to the patient’s insurance for medical necessity when there is a documented nasal obstruction issue.  Any cosmetic surgery must be paid for by the patient.  The rhinoplasty procedure is more complicated and will take an hour to an hour and a half to perform while the septoplasty usually takes approximately a half an hour to perform.  The cost of a rhinoplasty, in addition to the insurance for a septoplasty, will cost around $6,250 which includes the operating room, anesthesia, and the surgeon’s fee for performing the rhinoplasty.  With regards to the medically related septoplasty, there are always insurance deductibles and co-pays that will be applicable.

Rhinoplasty covered by insurance

+1

Dear carebear025,

• If you are having breathing issues, and need reconstructive nasal surgery, this portion can be covered by your insurance
  • The cosmetic fee is not though
  • You end up saving anywhere from 25-50% depending on what is performed

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

Cosmetic rhinoplasty in conjunction with septal work

+1

The cost of the cosmetic portion of the rhinoplasty will vary from surgeon to surgeon. You should go for consultation and discuss this in person with your preferred surgeon. Good luck.

Cost of Rhinoplasty Reshaping When Doing Functional Nose Surgery

+1

The approximate cost for doing cosmetic reshaping of the nose while having functional surgery (such as septoplasty) ranges from $2500-4000 in this particular region of the country. This hybrid approach to the nose can be somewhat confusing when you try to use insurance for coverage of some parts and pay out of pocket for cosmetic work. I have provided a link below to one of the discussions in my online rhinoplasty tutorial that touches on this exact topic. Good luck.

John M. Hilinski, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

What is the Cost of Rhinoplasty if Done in Conjunction with Insurance Covered Septoplasty?

+1

Fee range from $4,000 to $6,000 + insurance payment. But best to discuss the finer details with your rhinoplasty surgeon and the office. 

Septorhinoplasty - Insurance Based

+1

It is to your advantage to have the procedure done at the same time for multiple reasons: undergoing anesthesia once, combined healing down time, cost, etc.  The real answer is that it depends on how good your specific insurance plan is, and this varies even within the same insurance company.  In my office, we generally submit a preapproval request with your insurance company prior to surgery.  However, this does not give us a $ figure.  Please consult with a facial plastic surgeon who can assist you in achieving the results you seek.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Rhinoplasty Insurance Payments and Costs

+1

#next_pages_container { width: 5px; hight: 5px; position: absolute; top: -100px; left: -100px; z-index: 2147483647 !important; } Dear carebear. In my practice I frequently combine functional nasal surgery such as a septoplasty with cosmetic rhinoplasty to improve the appearance of the nose. Most insurance companies will pay the surgeon's fee and any facility fees for anesthesia for the septoplasty. The cost for the cosmetic operation varies based on the complexity of your nose. For example, simply taking down a hump would cost much less than extensive tip work, breaking the nasal bones, or cartilage grafting. Find a board certified facial plastic surgeon in your area, they will know the functional as well as cosmetic considerations for the nose better than anyone. They will also be able to give a good idea of what the cost of your surgery would be based upon the changes you would like to make. I hope this helps. Best, Dr S

Travis L. Shaw, MD
Richmond Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cost of septorhinoplasty

+1

You may be able to get a pre determination of benefits for the covered portion from your insurance company.  They usually will not give u a figure. It depends on how good your insurance is.