What is the Cost of Removing an Apron Stomach and How Long a Recovery?

% fooot barrel shaped

Tummy Tuck Costs

+1

Tummy tucks range in price from $5000 to $15000 with most plastic surgeons charging between $7000 and $10000.

Costs of Surgery?

+1

You will find that the cost of surgery will differ from one geographic area to another, as well as from one practice to another.  You will also find that the cost of surgery vary  depending on exactly what procedure is recommended/performed.
You will be best off doing your due diligence carefully  in the selection of plastic surgeon.  Only in person consultation will provide you with the detailed information you should obtain prior to making any decisions about proceeding with surgery.
I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices  concentrate him on aesthetic surgery. Ask  to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.

You will find,  while doing your due diligence,  that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you;  again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  
I would also suggest that you do not base your selection of plastic surgeon primarily on costs of surgery;  keep in mind that revisionary surgery may be more costly in many ways.

What is the Cost of Removing an Apron Stomach

+1

This site has some estimates which are actual costs paid by Realself patients. 

The specific fee depends upon the patient and the surgeon. The procedure for removing an apron can be a skin only procedure limited to the lower abdomen, or could involve a full tummy tuck with tightening of the muscles of the abdomen and skin removal involving surgery up to the chest and around the back. Prices will vary considerably. 

A call to a local surgeon would be a good way to start getting as estimate, but until you can be seen, it will be a rough estimate.

Time off work depends on the nature of work. It can be as little as 7-10 days or as much as 6 weeks for heavy work. Most can be back to full activity by 6 weeks, but the recovery continues well beyond that time frame. 

Cost and recovery

+1

The recovery from a tummy tuck is between one and three weeks. It depends on the extent of surgery that has to be done. The cost will vary as well with the extent of surgery

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Costs and recovery?

+1

Thanks for the question. There are so many variations in costs from place to place, so I really can't say. I would suggest you contact a few nearby PS offices and requests an estimate for the procedure you seek. Best wishes, Dr. Aldo.

Aldo Guerra, MD