What is the Cost Difference of Invisalign Between Adults and Kids?

Why would there be a cost difference at all? Does it depend on the dentist specialty?

Invisalign cost.

+1

There is no difference of price due to the age. There is a difference of price due to the complexity of the case.

There is this a type of invisalign express which is less expensive. This type applies only for easy cases with 10 sets of aligners. There is no refinement or midcourse correction included in this type.

Santa Ana Cosmetic Dentist

INVISALIGN COST DIFFERENT FOR TEENS THAN ADULTS?

+1

In our practice fees are based on complexity, and thus duration, of  treatment in both adults and children whether we are using Invisalign or conventional braces.. All things considered adult treatment generally is more costly than treatment for youngsters because of complicating factors such as managing teeth with extensive fillings/crowns, need to coordinate treatment with a periodontist and/or restorative dentist, and often more complex retention supervision. Our experience with compliance is no different in adult and teen patients so that is not a factor in determining fees.

We also do not charge a higher fee for Invisalign Teen than for conventional teen braces - as many practices do. The reason is that we  believe there are specific reasons to use Invisalign and other reasons to recommend conventional braces. Rather than allowing a cost difference to be the deciding factor between the two systems, we want to be certain that we are employing the appliance system that will best address each patient's unique treatment needs.

R. William McNeill, DDS, MS
Mercer Island Orthodontist

Invisalign Adult and teen=$ same cost

+1

Usually they are the same price range but I've known a few DDS's who charge a little more for the teen version.

Michael J. Thomas, DDS
Los Angeles Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign fees are normally static

+1

There are no "rules" when it comes to fees, offices can charge whatever they want, but most offices have a flat fee for Invisalign.  If there is a difference, kids may be higher as their compliance is "less predictable" so there are extra costs to treat them.  Most often it is viewed as an adult discount, that the fee quoted is for the kids and adults are given 5% in fee reduction.

Lance Timmerman, DMD
Seattle Cosmetic Dentist

Cost difference for invisalign between adults and kids

+1

In my office I charge one cost for invisalign cases.  Adults and kids are the same.  I am not sure about other offices but kids are normally gonna be a little more expensive

Leonard Tau, DMD
Philadelphia Cosmetic Dentist