How Much is the Cost (Approximately) for a Saline Breast Implant Deflation Procedure?

One of my saline breast implants has ruptured. Rather than replacing my implants, I would like to have the other one deflated also. I have read that this is a procedure that can be done by a Dr inserting a needle & removing the saline. Does anyone know approximately how much a procedure like that costs?

Default of saline implant

+1

Deflation is a minor procedure and the price should also be minor.  I do agree with Dr. Haeck's assessment that patients are rarely happy with just a deflation and would treat it only as a temporizing maneuver. 

Breast implant deflation.

+1

Deflating a saline breast implant is simple and should cost next to nothing as it can be done in the office setting. The remaining deflated implant make be palpable and be a source for infection (but no greater than an inflated implant). This will allow you further time to decide if and when you would like the implants removed and determine if you might need a breast lift as well.

Brian J. Lee, MD
Fort Wayne Plastic Surgeon

Leaving a deflated implant in is NOT recommended

+1

Deflating the other implant only makes sense if you need more time to get ready for the removal.  I have never found a patient who feels comfortable with a deflated saline implant.  The edges bunch up and hurt when you move.  Do the right thing and get them both removed.  Search for a surgeon who can do a mastopexy later if you need it.  Prices vary a lot on this one depending on how much anesthesia you will need during the removal.  You may need to come up with as much as $3,000 or more to get them both out once and for all

Phillip C. Haeck, MD

Deflating Breast Implant?

+1

You will find that the procedure you are contemplating will not be expensive. Hopefully you are considering this procedure as a temporary solution and are planning on having the breast implants removed at some point.

Cost and Advice for Deflating a Saline Implant.

+1

Concerning deflating an implant after the other side has deflated, this is an option and should not be costly...around $300 or so.  It is not without risks, however.  It can cause infection or interfere with cancer screening.  In my opinion, it is really just a temporary measure and until you can have the implants removed, permanently.  Good luck.

Dustin L. Reid, MD

Implant deflation

+1

It is a quick an easy in office procedure to deflate a saline implan twhen the other has deflated. It should not be costly-less than $200- if that much. It is a good short term solution if you aren't able to go through surgery at this time.Later you can decide if you want your implants removed, or replaced with saline or gel implants.

Ann F. Reilley, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Saline Breast Implant

+1

There is no good reason to deflate the saline breast implants and keep the shell in the breast. It will interfere with breast examination and mammogram. It can act as a foriegn material and be a source of infection.