What is the Cost and Options for Scar Tissue Removal On Earlobe? (photo)

I have a small bubble on the back of my earlobe from stretching my ears (I believe it is a keloid) it has been there for many months. It is not very large. What are recommended procedures for removal? Hopefully the photos help a bit.

Keloid on ear

+1

From the photos it looks like a keloid but an exam would be essential. If it is a keloid, usually simple removal and various  treatment option either sterois injections in combination with excision, compression earrings, even local radiation are all forms of treatment with varying success.

Cost for removal of earlobe "scar"

+1

The cost for removal of your lesion can't be precisely determined through online assessments as there are both inter-physician and regional variabilities of cost. However, this could be managed in an office setting using local anesthesia which would save you a considerable amount of money. If you have insurance, you may even be able to obtain coverage for its removal.

Seek a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to obtain more specific information.

Steven Turkeltaub, MD