What is the Correlation Between Invisalign and Reducing Headaches?

For those who are a candidate for invisalign to improve their bit and straighten teeth, how many have less headaches or jaw pain as a result? What evaluation and treatments would be the next step in resolving headache or jaw pain?

Correlation between invisalign and reduction of headaches

+1

I have never used invisalign for this purpose in my practice, but it does makes sense that moving and straightening teeth into the correct position could alleviate facial pain, headaches and TMJ symptoms by correcting  the bite. The bite really does matter.  Many dental professionals and medical practioners are still unaware of the fact that occlusal interference is one of the leading causes of head, neck and facial pain.Consequently millions of patients are needlessly suffering a problem that can be diagnosed within minutes. Find a dentist that uses the Best Bite Discluder and you can find out in minutes if your bite is off and if is  the cause of your pain.If it is not your bite, then I would seek treatment from a neuromuscular dentist  who has training in this field of dentistry . He will be able to help you find the source of your pain and discuss the treament with you.  Good luck!

Los Angeles Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign and headaches

+1

Although some dentists will tell you that an "ideal" bite will cure or prevent headaches there really isn't real good evidence that this is the case.

Invisalign does however seem to reduce headaches for many people...not by changing the bite, but by acting as a bite splint that reduces tooth clenching grinding that often causes "tension" type headaches

Robert Waxler, DMD, MS
Saint Louis Orthodontist