What is the Correct Medical Term for Correcting a Collapsed Nasal Cavity/passage? (photo)

I had my deviated septum repaired approx 19 months ago but it did not solve my problem with not being able to breath with the right side of my nose. At night I hold the skin back near my check in order to breathe or if not I snore and wake up with a sore throat. I have a bump just inside my right side of my nose and I can see that my nasal passageway is almost completely closed just by looking. Looking for surgeon recommendations for Central Florida and what is the term for this surgery?

Collapsed nasal cavity

+1

You still have a significant nasal septal deviation. You likely also have nasal valve collapse as well. Both of these can be repaired at the same setting.

West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Deviated septum

+1
The front of the septum known as caudal edge is still deviated to the right. This likely can be improved with revision septoplasty. You may wish to get a second opinion prior to revision surgery. Nasal airflow testing may also be helpful diagnostically to assess your nasal function.

Philip Solomon, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

What is the Correct Medical Term for Correcting a Collapsed Nasal Cavity/passage?

+1

Hi,

It looks like you still have a caudal septal deflection which could be the source of your problem. You may want to find an experienced facial plastic surgeon in your area for a second opinion.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS