Do I need the compression strap if my breast looks natural?

My breasts look very natural at 3 days post op, do I still need to wear the compression band? I had very small breasts (32aa) and had 300cc saline under the muscle but I breastfeed three little ones so I am already "stretched". My one breast was noticeably more swollen but today looks significantly better. Can I start wearing a sports bra or should I let them heal unrestricted for the full week? I was worried they may drop more and bottom out. Thanks!

It is best to ask your surgeon this question

+1
It is best to ask your surgeon this question because they know your body, what they did during surgery, and the reason why they had you wear the band.  

Compression Bra After Breast Augmentation

+1
It is a good idea to follow your surgeon's advice regarding wearing your compression bra after your breast augmentation surgery. I usually recommend my patients wear a compression bra or other good supportive bra for two months day and night after their surgery, as the breasts need the support at this time. Doing so can actually prevent "bottoming out".

Jerome Edelstein, MD

BBA

+1
This is a question that only your surgeon can answer.  It is up to them to dictate your post-op protocol.  Please call them.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Do I have to wear my compression strap if my breasts have dropped?

+1

This is a question for your surgeon to answer, but typically I only put a bra strap on my patients if they are not dropping.  My patients go directly into a sports bra.  Go see your surgeon for a follow up appt. for an exam and go from there.  ac

Angela Champion, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Compression Strap After Breast Augmentation #breastimplants

+1

That is more up to your surgeon. I do not use the strap in everyone. It depends on how high the implants are riding after surgery. Some patients have loose skin and the implants drop pretty fast. Some have a tight skin envelope and need the strap to encourage the implants to drop. Your surgeon can guide you.

Richard J. Brown, MD

Compression strap

+1

I would certainly check with your surgeon, but if your implants look like they are in good position, there is no reason to have to wear a compression strap. Your concern about bottoming out is valid - if the implants are low enough, I would recommend a sports bra and no strap.

Jonathan C. Weinrach, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

+1

The purpose of the band is to help with the positioning of the implant. Post-operative instructions will vary from surgeon to surgeon so it is extremely important that you follow your surgeon's specific guidelines following surgery to ensure you receive the best result possible. If you are unsure or need clarification of these instructions, contact or visit your surgeons office.

Frank Lista, MD

Breast strap after Augmentation

+1

I often use a band over the top of the breast to help position the implant. The length of time I use it varies from a few days to a few weeks. Ask your surgeon what he or she thinks.

Terrence Murphy, MD
Englewood Plastic Surgeon

Do I Need A Compression Strap?

+1

Each surgeon has their own specific protocol regarding the use of breast straps. An exam is needed to determine if this would be recommended for you. Consult with your Plastic Surgeon as he will guide you to recovery. Best wishes!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

+1
It is best to follow the instructions of your surgeon. Each of us tend to have our own system which works for us.

For more information, please go to my website at:
WirthPlasticSurgery.com

Garrett A. Wirth, MD, FACS