Where Are the Most Common Incision Sites for Lipouction?

It's a general question. Specific answers would be appreciated, not just 'on hips' or on 'the thigh', but where?

Incisions for liposuction

+1

There are no specific incision patterns for liposuction per se.  Most incisions are small 0.5-1 cm's in length that are usually closed and often heal extremely well.

Incision Sites for Liposuction Procedure?

+1

Although your question is understandable,  you should be aware that there is no “specific” incision site used by all plastic surgeons for all patients. For specific answers, best to run the same question by your chosen plastic surgeon. Generally, incision lines are placed in “hidden” areas,  such as by creases, in the umbilicus, adjacent to a nevus or tattoo etc. Also, keeping the incisions asymmetric may help prevent an obvious post liposuction “look”.

Where Are the Most Common Incision Sites for Liposuction?

+1

I perform up to 6 liposuction procedures each day 5 days a week, and I can tell you that there is not a specific answer to that question for all individuals.   Whenever a patient has as many specific questions, I recommend a consultation to address your specific anatomy and areas that are to be addressed.  I can tell you that specific placement of incisions of 4 mm in length is less important than how the liposuction is performed and who is performing it.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Typical Liposuction Incision Sites

+1

Incisions sites for liposuction are typically very small and  made in stealth areas - that is hidden as much as possible. For example inside the belly button, umbilicus, to approach the upper and lower abdomen, just at the pubic hair line for the lower tummy and pubis area, in the groin crease for the inside of the thighs (medial thighs), at the gluteal, buttock, crease for the lower back, in the breast crease for the fat beneath your arm (lateral chest wall), in the crease below your chin for liposuction of the neck. I also like to place them at the edge of a tattoo or in an existing scar (for example C-Section or appendectomy, or mole removal scar) so that they are hidden.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS