What is the Most Common Age for Men to Undergo a Body Lift?

Do men get body lifts primarily because of age related loose skin problems or weight loss related?

Male body lifts

+1

For women, body lifts can be related to post pregnancy changes and/or significant weight loss.  For men, age related changes are often not significant enough to warrant a lower body lift.  Therefore, in my opinion and experience, significant weight loss is typically the culprit.  A lower body lift with a strategically placed incision can very effectively shape the abdomen, waist line, buttox and lateral thighs.

Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Ideal Age for Men to Pursue Bodylift

+1

Men of all ages pursue body lift procedures, from the age of 18 years up to 70 years. The key is that the man is healthy, stable in his weight, and interested in having a successful outcome. Body lift procedures in men are most often performed after achieving significant weight loss, and lifts are performed in the chest, arms, thighs, back and abdomen, even in the face.

Michele A. Shermak, MD

Body Lifts in Men

+1

Body lifts are good for skin tightening in a man who has a great deal of extra skin. It is a larger operation than just a tummy tuck  and reserved for people with a bigger problem than age related skin relaxation. This degree of skin excess usually occurs in the setting of weight loss.  Skin has been stretched out while overweight and does not bounce back after weight loss.  The timing of the procedure is more likely related to the weight loss than to the person's age. 

Mary Lee Peters, MD

Men and body lifting?

+1

I think you may find every surgeon has a different experience. In my experience, most men and women choose to undergo body lifting after significant weight loss as opposed to “age-related” problems. Generally speaking the lower body lift is quite an  expenses procedure;  most patients who choose to have this procedure done are under the age of 50.

Please keep in mind that I am speaking in generalities;  exceptions always exists.