Will the Combination of Bacitracin and Hydroquinone Intensify the Skin Whitening Agent in Hydroquinone?

I have been using a topical skin lightening cream which contains the following (below): I put Bacitracin on my face last night after picking a few blemishes and awoke with noticeable bleaching on the area where Bacitracin was applied. Is this dangerous? Can I reapply both the skin lightening and Bacitracin creams to even out the bleached areas? INGREDIENTS: Hydroquinone 1.9%, Water, propylene Glycol, Licorice Extract, Salicylic Acid, Glycyrrhetinic Acid..etc

+1

Thank you for your question. It is not advisable to place any type of bleaching/lightening creams over any open wounds as this can create increased dryness, redness, burning, or irritation. To avoid scarring and having to use the bleaching creams you should see a board certified dermatologist who can place you on an acne regiment to prevent and manage your acne breakouts. Once the pimples are well controlled then you can use bleaching/lightening creams to even tone the skin from scarring left over from the acne.  I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist