Is the Combination of 300 and 325cc Closer in Size or 325 and 350 Cc's?

hello, I am asymmetric and will be having my breast augmentation on March 29th. I would like to know which size implant is closer in size. I plan on getting 300 and 325cc' or 325 and 350 cc's mentor silicone implants. I am 5' 7", 145 lbs and a small b cup. My goal is a natural full look and don't want to go higher than a C.

Breast assymetry

+1

If your breasts are assymetric, 25cc difference in implant size will not usually correct the problem.  if there is assymetry in the shape of the breasts as well, a different approach may be required.  photos would help us help you.

Greenville Plastic Surgeon

If you are visibly asymmetric, you need a difference of more than 25cc!

+1

Visible asymmetry almost always indicates a volume discrepancy of at least 50-60cc! 25cc is less than 2 tablespoons, and with this (very minimal) volume distributed over an entire breast, this is not visible.

What I assume you are asking is whether or not the 300/325cc choice or the 325/350cc choice will be closer to your goal. Impossible to say using cup sizes; likely such a minimal difference that either choice will be essentially equally "right" or "wrong."

If you have sized with implants in a bra, then you should know about what implant sizes give you the look you want. I'd add 50-75cc to the chosen size to accommodate for submuscular "flattening" or apparent decrease in size, and then use a difference of at least 50cc to make up for any visible pre-operative asymmetry.

Though 25cc goes in the "right direction" as far as improving asymmetry, this tiny incremental increase will almost certainly be more of a "mental" increase than an actually-visible increase!

I'd consider consultation with another ABPS-certified plastic surgeon or two and see if indeed this is the right approach--I'm concerned you're asking the wrong questions about volumes if these are the implants being recommended. Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Web reference: http://www.realself.com/article/dr-tholens-comprehensive-guide-breast-augmentation

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implants with Asymmetry

+1

The implant pairs only have 25cc differences which is not a lot. It is best to discuss the size with your surgeon at your pre op and to try the difference pairs to see how  they fit your body. Please don't get to fixed on cup size because cups sizes vary tremendously when you shop for a bra.

325 and 350 are closer in size

+1

Though both pairs are indeed 25cc different, by strict mathematics the 300 to 325 are more different than the 325 to 350 as the percentage size difference is smaller in the larger pair. As we always caution, pick the look, not the number, and find a surgeon who has the experience to know the proper implant for the look, and the true volume difference. The 25cc is very hard to 'see' so if you are asymmetric we hope your surgeon is right on this choice. A sizer in the OR might be a safer approach.

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com

Cosmetic Surgery is an Art and a Science

+1

The best solution to choose an implant is to try them on in your plastic surgeons office. There is not a lot of difference in 25cc in implant size other than to improve a modest asymmetry. Best Wishes  Thomas Narsete, M.D. Austin, Tx

How to choose implants when the breasts are assymetric

+1

Each of the pairs you mentioned is 25 cc's different in size (about 5 teaspoons---like the teaspoons of vanilla you put into cookie dough when you are baking).

Although the numbers go up fast on your implant sizers, the true difference of 25 ccs is really small.  The best way to decide on both the volume of your breasts and how your symmetry looks is to try the different sizers in a bra and look in a full length mirror pre op. 

I suggest you do this: put sizers in the larger breast side of the bra until you feel it is just what you want.Then add to the smaller cup until it looks even with the opposite side.  Once you have reached symmetry, read off the sizes needed for your new implants, and you are there!

Worcester Plastic Surgeon

+1

I am not sure I understand the question. Both pairs differ by the same amount-25 cc.  And both have very similar dimensions. As to cup size, I would prefer not to guess--there are no accepted definitions, and many of my patients fit into bras of 3 different cup sizes.

Discuss implant choice with your surgeon at your preop visit. All the best.