Will the Columella Drop After Open Rhinoplasty?

I had an open septorhinoplasty a week ago and the columella seems to have been cut down and now there is no "columellar show". My nose looks flat and pig like from the front. My old nose looked much better with a slightly hanging columella. Is there any chance it will drop down?

Way too early

+2

One week post-op is way too early to worry about your rhinoplasty results. Depending upon what areas of the nose were "worked on" you can have varying amounts of swelling in different places.  Give it some time.  I tell my patients that they will usually see 80% of their results in one month, 95% at 6 months and a full 1-2 years for the final result.  

+1

Dear Lilly,

thank you for your question. Unfortunately it is difficult to give you and specific comments without photos.  1 week is a very short time to make any decisions regarding your rhinoplasty.  In general, however, a columella does not 'drop'.

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Columellar show after surgery can be corrected

+1

Sometimes with a septorhinoplasty if the columella can be taken back and sometimes leaves with no columella show. It may not drop after sometime if that happens it could be resolved with additionall surgery.

Jhonny Salomon, MD