What Are the Best Chin Liposuction Techniques?

What techniques for chin liposuction have a lesser chance of adverse effects?

Standard tumescent technique for excessive fat, suction-less for minimal fat, or VaserĀ®

+1

The type of technique chosen should be individualized to your specific goals and needs. 

If you have a great deal of fullness and excessive fatty tissue in the neck and under the chin, a standard tumescent technique would often give the best results. 

If there is minimal excess fatty tissue and excessive loose skin is the primary problem, a technique that produces less suction and more inflammation, such as suction-less liposuction, or “subcision” may be appropriate. 

Vaser® liposuction or laser liposuction may help with improved skin contraction following the procedure. 

If, in fact, there is a great deal of loose skin, perhaps another procedure alltogether, such as a neck lift or submentoplasty, might even be more appropriate.

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Best chin liposuction technique

+1
Personally I use a tumescent technique where some saline is injected into the chin and neck area and then the fat is removed by using a micro canula or syringe technique. The procedure is highly effective and is rewarding to both the surgeon and the patient. I use a digital imaging computer during the consulting phase which allows me to show the patient their proposed results prior to surgery. I was one of the original surgeons doing liposuction and have trained hundreds of surgeons in the technique. I co-authored the first liposuction textbook for surgeons. Through the years there have been many changes with lasers and ultrasounds and I have used all of these techniques and I think the good old tumescent technique is the best way to go! Minimal swelling, minimal downtime, extremely low risk of complications, and extremely happy patients. I hope this information is helpful to you

Web reference: http://www.michaelelammd.com

Chin Liposuction

+1

When there is fat under the chin, traditional liposuction using a syringe or a machine can be used to extract the fat.  However, using a laser with a tiny fiber optic beam of light (the size of a strand of spaghetti) is my preferred technique becuase it causes much less bruising and less downtime. 

In my opinion, there is an advantage to using the 1440 nm Smartlipo (laser) because the wavelength of this laser is very attracted to water in our skin.  This helps not only melt the fat, but also tighten the skin.

What are the Best Chin Liposuction techniques?

+1

Liposuction in the chin/neck area can be done with a variety of techniques.  These include injecting saline into the area (wet or tumescent technique) or adding a power source such as ultrasound (Vaser lipo) or  laser (Smartlipo).   Adding a power source may aid, to some extent, in reducing bleeding/swelling and/or toning skin.  However, if the neck skin is already loose or sagging, then a patient needs to consider a neck lift.    

It should be remembered, that the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon is much more important, in determining a good result, than the type of eqiupment he or she uses.

Web reference: http://www.VincentLeporeMD.com

San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction very safe in chin area

+1

Tumescent liposuction in the neck and chin area under local anesthesia is very safe, predictable and yields consistently good results. There is no evidence that "laser lipo" offers any better outcome and may rarely add a side effect if too much heating of the skin occurs.

Charlotte Dermatologist

+1

Thank you for your question.  I have tried mulitle technologies over the years for the chin - traditional lipo, PAL, Vaser and laser assisted.  I think the person doing the lipo and evaluation you to see if you are a good candidate is more important.

Currently I use the SmartLipo Triplex.  I use in for all my neck liposuctions and facelifts.  I hope this helps.

+1

I use Smart Lipo on 12 to 18 watts followed by 2 or 3 mm liposuction to remove residual fats. Best to obtain in person evaluations. 

Best Chin Liposuction Techniques

+1

Unfortunately, there are no studies that demonstrate one technique (traditional liposuction vs ultrasound liposuction vs Vaser liposuction vs power assisted liposuction vs SmartLipo etc...). In most cases, traditional liposuction works very well. Don't be confused by the advertising hype of some expensive liposuction devises. It is best to see a Board Certified plastic surgeon or facial plastic surgeon and discuss your particular case.

Columbus Plastic Surgeon