Is the Chin Implant too Big or is It Just Swelling?

hi im a 19 year old male from sydney,i just had a chin implant and rhinoplasty im happy with the rhinoplasty and understand that it takes 6-12 months to see results, i am now 8 days post op and just got the cast off yesterday my chin implant looks really big and most of my face is still a little swollen, his nurse who i spoke to said he used a very small implant as did he (my surgeon is currently out of town) i was just wondering if this is swelling or is it to big? im really scared and anxious

Chin implant swelling...

+2

Swelling after a chin implant is common and will usually last anywhere from 10 to 14 days.  Even after 14 days, there can be some residual swelling that lasts another couple weeks, but it shouldn't be too obvious.  Having the rhinoplasty at the same time can also add some additional swelling.  Just continue to follow the post-op instructions and try to keep your head elevated at night.  If the chin seems to big after one month then be sure to discuss it with your surgeon.

Edison Facial Plastic Surgeon