What Are the Chances of a Plastic Surgeon Willing to Perform a Breast Augmentation on Me (17 Years Old)?

When I was fourteen years old I was told by a doctor that I have been suffering a hormonal imbalance. I'm a slightly overweight female, 5'4, and I barely fill out an A cup bra. My right breast fill an A, my left does not. I graduated from high school at 16 years old and currently am 3/4 of the way done with my associates degree with a high gpa and working a fulltime job. I have the money to pay for the process in full and alone and have parental permission. I currently live in Florida.

Hi There,

Here is a link that may help you with your research:

http://www.realself.com/Breast-Augmentation/drs

Hopefully this helps!

Breast Augmentation on Me (17 Years Old)?

+3

You sound like a mature young woman, and I suspect you can find a surgeon who will do this. It may take a few calls or emails, and you may get some automatic denials, but you should be able to find someone. An email similar to the question you have submitted will sound quite reasonable.

Thanks, and best wishes.

Breast aurgmentation at age 17, yes, with parental support

+2

It sounds like you have significant breast asymmetry and have carefully though about breast augmentation. With parental support augmentation is very possible and not as unreasonable as it might sound to some. Discuss your ideas and goals fully with parents first, and with common ground set up a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.

A 17 y/o can have a breast augmentation but it requires the consent of the parents.

+2

From your description, it sounds like you would benefit from a breast augmentation.  Operating on teenagers aesthetically is controversial, but with the proper patient, it is certainly acceptable.

Breast Augmentation at 17 Years of Age?

+2

Thank you for the question. It will be in your best interests  to undergo breast surgery when you have reached physical “maturity” and have reached your long-term stable weight. You may find that by the time you have done your due diligence in selection of plastic surgeon, have fully educated yourself about the pros/cons as well as potential risk/complications of breast augmentation surgery,  and have reached your long-term stable weight that you will be 18 ( and age will no longer be a major issue).

Breast augmentation for a 17 year old

+2

Thank you for your question.  The quick answer is, you are probably a candidate for breast augmentation based on the information you have provided.  I do recommend waiting until your 18th birthday for your surgery.  For most young women, breast development is complete about 2 years after the first menstrual period.  I do not recommend any breast surgery before that time.  It will be very important for you to have a thorough examination by both your plastic surgeon and your regular doctor.  You mentioned a size difference between your breasts.  While some asymmetry is common (most women do not have 2 identical breasts), a more severe size difference can indicate a congenital problem with breast development that may require more extensive surgical repair that just a breast augmentation.  My other concern is the hormonal imbalance you mentioned.  We definitely want to be sure that any medical issues are addressed prior to surgery.

Andrew Jimerson, MD

Breast Aug at age 17?

+1

We do that for 17 yrs olds with parenteral consent or a judge's order declaring them an emancipated minor. We've probably done a dozen over the years.  

Lawrence Foster, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation at age 17

+1

It certainly sounds like you are a very mature 17 year old with breast asymmetry.  Based on your description it seems reasonable to proceed with surgery to correct the asymmetry as long as you have parental support.  In general however I prefer age 18 (and older) to proceed with aesthetic breast surgery.

Milind K. Ambe, MD