Certified injector tells me that the restalyne lip injections I received 2 weeks ago look great. I'm not convinced? (photo)

I think the sides look too full. And I think that is changing my smile slightly. And I can see what I called "lumps" around the outside of my lips. Please help!

Lip Injections

+1
Your lips have a naturally beautiful shape.  I understand why you may not be totally happy with the results of the injections.  Why don't you return to your treating physician to have it corrected? A "certified injector" only means that they took a one day class.  For the best cosmetic results please consult a board certified dermatologist with a lot of experience in cosmetic dermatology.

Certified injector tells me that the restalyne lip injections I received 2 weeks ago look great. I'm not convinced?

+1

It is more important for you to be happy with the result than for your injector to be happy with their result. Anytime we make a physical change to our body, it can take time for us to get used to that change. I would give it a little time and if you are still unhappy, have the injection reversed. Talk to your injector about it and seek a second opinion by a board certified facial plastic surgeon with experience injecting lips since they can be challenging to augment.

Stephen P. Smith, Jr., MD
Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

"certified injector" means to me a non doctor.. But I really do not see an issue in your posted photos.//

Restylane in lips

+1

Dallas, It matters little whether the injector is happy with your lips as they are YOUR lips and you have something different in mind. Although you can't just pick lips out of a catalog, you can discuss the "look" that you desire with your doctor. Hopefully your "certified injector" is an experienced on. I think your lips look fine but I do see where they could have been done a little differently too. I try to get an understanding of what my patients have in mind before shaping lips. I would not dissolve this as I think that if you are not happy with shape it can be modifired by adding a little filler here and there.

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

Restylane Result

+1

The photos show a very acceptable result. I would definitely wait 2-3 weeks before considering reversal. Sometimes results from fillers take a little time (physically and emotionally) to take shape.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

In my opinion, the Restylane looks great and gives a natural subtle look, you may not be used to it but give it some time for yourself to adapt. If in a few weeks you’re unhappy with the filler, you can follow up with your provider and have hyaluronidase injected to dissolve the product