The Center of Full Thickness Skin Graft Had Sloughed Off, but Margins Are Holding. Infection?

Following a Mohs procedure to remove a.4 mm melanoma, I received a full thickness skin graft. About one week after my stitches were removed, I was told the center of the graft had sloughed off, but margins are holding. I was told it did not look infected. I am doing vinegar soaks 2x, gentmicin 2x. I am told that the center will heal from granulation. I am worried about losing the graft & wondering if the pain is from granulation.

+1

Keep in mind that a graft relies on the body to send new vessels to it which usually takes 3 days. Often the outer layer of the graft does not get enough Oxygen and breaks down.

I would allow to heal completely and re- evaluate for any revisions that could improve the the texture.

Best

Dallas Dermatologist