Is the Cellulaze Treatment Uncomfortable?

I was wondering how uncomfortable this cellulite treatment is? Does the doctor put you under general anesthesia or local? Thank you

Is Cellulaze uncomfortable?

+1

The majority of our Cellulaze cases are done understand local anesthesia.  Patient's generally only require oral medication during the procedure and are awake and chatting with us during the procedure.  A great many patients have commented how easy the procedure was (especially compared to what they were anticipating).  Patients experience a few pricks and some stinging from the local anesthetic being injected but after that there's not much to it. Cellulaze is an extremely well tolerated procedure.

Dr. Grant Stevens

How uncomfortable is cellulaze?

+1

Most patients tolerate the treatment with just a local anesthetic.  First we give you a combination of a pain pill and a relaxing medication, then we inject local anesthesia and gently introduce a numbing fluid into the area that we plan to treat.  The actual treatment with the cellulaze device is relatively pain free once the numbing solution takes effect.  Patients who are frightened of all medical and dental procedures or who have a history of being difficult to numb with local anesthesia or who have a tendency to pass out when blood is drawn in the doctor's office may require IV sedation.

John Q. Cook, MD

Cellulaze treatment

+1

Cellulaze is performed under local anesthesia. The areas that are being treated will be completely numbed while you are awake. The procedure is comfortable with minimal side effects; there will be soreness and bruising post procedure.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Cellulaze Treatment Protocol

+1

The Cellulaze procedure is typically performed in an office, not a surgery center, under local anesthesia with oral sedation (valium and a pain medication). Small needle holes are made in 3 to 4 areas of the skin of the thigh or buttock and a fine laser probe is placed just under the skin surface where the cellulite is treated. Cellulaze is generally performed on both legs, with treatment areas the size of a sheet of paper (8.5 X 11 inches). Treatment takes between one to two hours, and patients go home after wearing a compressive garment for the next three weeks. Normal activity can be started the next day with little discomfort or bruising. There is only one treatment needed for each area.

Daniel Shapiro, MD

+1

Great question! I have done the CELLULAZE operation under all 4 types of anesthesia (1. Straight Local, 2. Local with oral sedation, 3. Local with I.V. sedation, 4. Local + general endotracheal anesthesia). In my opinion I recommend type 1 & 2 only on small areas like 1 to 2 grid sheets. Once the area starts increasing or there are position changes (prone to supine) or Combination with other procedures (like Smart Lipo Triplex, TT, implants) I recommend I.V. Sedation or general anesthesia. My goal is to provide a very pleasant experience not one of discomfort. So after 40+ CELLULAZE operations I would say 90% have some type of sedation/general anesthesia. Hope that helps. 

Cellulaze treatment and pain

+1

Depending on the number and size of areas that require treatment, Cellulaze can be safely and comfortably performed under local anesthesia with oral sedation and the tumescent technique.  For larger areas of treatment or for multiple areas, I may often recommend IV sedation for my patient's comfort.   Please talk to a board certified PS who performs Cellulaze to learn more about your options.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS