What Does the Cellulaze Treatment Feel Like?

Is this treatment painful like liposuction or CoolSculpting? I am trying to figure out what to expect and should be getting the procedure done in the next few months. Should I be scared?!

What Cellulaze feels like

+1

Being nervous or anxious before a procedure is normal and to be expected but you don't have to be frightened. Though the vast majority of our patients opt to have Cellulaze done without general anesthesia, they are totally fine with just some oral medication to help them relax and local anesthetic solution injected into the area we are treating. Patients are most often pleasantly surprised by the end how easy and uneventful the procedure was.  There is some soreness and bruising after treatment but again, nothing terrible and most patients are surprised that it's not as difficult as they anticipated. Hope that helps.

Good luck~

Dr. Grant Stevens

Cellulaze Procedure

+1

There is nothing to worry about! Cellulaze is considered a minimally invasive procedure and is performed under local anesthesia, which makes it safe with minimal side effects. You will have soreness and bruising for a few days post procedure.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Cellulaze experience

+1

Cellulaze treatments can be done under local with tumescent solution to numb areas.  For larger areas of treatment, I will recommend IV sedation for the patient's comfort.  For my patients who have undergone the local anesthesia options, theyhave told me how benign their experience was.   Please visit with a board certified PS who performs cellulaze to learn more about your options.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

What does Cellulaze feel like?

+1

Most of my patients are pleasantly surprised with how easy the treatment is, and some actually have a fun time in the OR with us!   I do give oral sedation to make patients comfortable (in addition to the local anesthesia) - but we are still talking throughout the procedure.  Some people decide to listen to music with their headphones, and some doze off intermittently.   Once in a while, patients will have more discomfort or anxiety than they expected during the procedure or afterwards, but in my experience, Cellulaze is much better tolerated than liposuction with the same local tumescent anesthesia and oral sedation.  It is important to tell your doctor what medications you take (pain medications, anxiety medications, alcohol use) and if you have anxiety.  Everybody reacts differently to pain, but the majority of patients are very comfortable.

Good luck!

Michelle Spring, MD

What To Expect With Cellulaze

+1

No, you should not be scared before getting Cellulaze. Because the area is numbed with local anesthesia, there is minimal discomfort during the procedure. You may feel a light pressure, but it is a mild sensation. Following the treatment, you may experience some aches, much like after a physical workout.

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Cellulaze Treatment Should not be Painful

+1

Cellulaze treatment is typically performed under local anesthesia with oral pre-medication to reduce any discomfort.  During the injection phase of the local anesthetic most patients will experience mild discomfort, which is minimized by the premedication.  For patients who have a low pain tolerance or larger areas to treat, local anesthesia with IV sedation is a good option.  Talk to your doctor before your procedure about your concerns and how you can remain comfortable throughout your Cellulaze treatment  Good luck.  

Steven L. Ringler, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

+1

According to my patient's, Cellulaze is not particularly painful. Patient's are sedated with a muscle relaxer, and pain medication by mouth in addition to local anesthesia, and numbing medication to the areas of treatment. There is some discomfort over the next few days but most patient's do very well with Tylenol, and do not need pain medications post-operatively.

Kenneth A. Marshall, MD, FACS
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Cellulaze is more comfortable than liposuction

+1

Usually I give patients sedation while I am injection the numbing medicine.  After that, the skin is asleep and doesn't hurt.  If it is done with out sedation, you will feel the numbing medicine being injected.  So far, everyone has been able to return to work the next day.

Daryl K. Hoffman, MD
Los Gatos Plastic Surgeon

+1

Cellulaze operation is a minor local anesthesia on small areas. If larger areas, like complete thighs, than I recommend local anesthesia with I.V. sedation (intravenous) given by an anesthesiologist. So during the operation you should be very comfortable. After surgery some describe a burning sensation but most have only light discomfort for a few days. This can be managed with Tylenol or light pain meds. Hope this helps Dr. B, MIAMI