What Are the Causes of Cherry Angiomas?

Hello..I am 20 years old and I have got a red mole on my face..I guess it is a cherry angioma..What are the causes of cherry angiomas and how to stop their development?

Red mole - see your dermatologist!

Hi, sabsoob.  If you have a red spot or mole on your face, I would highly recommend that you get an evaluation by a board-certified dermatologist in order to confirm the diagnosis.  While the most common diagnosis would be an angioma, there is a possibility that your spot could be a type of nevus called a Spitz nevus, a normal mole that has been irritated, or even a skin cancer (such as an amelanotic melanoma).  If your spot is indeed confirmed to be a cherry angioma, laser treatments are the most effective way to treat these lesions.  PDL (pulsed-dye laser, or V-beam) and/or Nd:YAG lasers can be effective.  Some dermatologists will perform electrodessication as well.  Best of luck!

Atlanta Dermatologist