What Could Be the Cause of the Greyish/blue Lump on my Abdomen 18 Months After Liposuction? (photo)

I had liposuction 18 months ago and still have a greyish/blue lump on my abdomen. I am 5'5" and weigh 128, so there was not much fat on my belly, I wanted remove the little pooch. I also had lipo on my outer thighs and do have "normal lumpiness"there. The bump on my stomach appears to be a bruise...something different than the rest. I was told that skin tightening would "even it out", so I'm now getting Exilis treatments. Is it bruising? Fluid? Scar tissue? Discolored Fat? Thanks for any advice.

What Could Be the Cause of the Greyish/blue Lump on my Abdomen 18 Months After Liposuction?

+1

Thanks for trying to post the photos of this post operative liposuction seroma/hematoma/scar. In my opinion based only on the iffy photos, I believe you have a retained seroma/scar. Only a small incision and drainage procedure may correct. I might obtain a soft tissue scan first to see if a fluid level is in the area. Seek opinions in person. 

Lumpiness after Liposuction

+1

lumps and bumps after liposuction are very common. sometimes they can last for months post procedure. if you are concerned about this being a collection of fluid its best to seek immediate attention from your surgeon and have it evaluated. its possible a simple aspiration procedure might be able to help alleviate the symptoms. I would follow your doctor's advice and proceed accordingly

Misbah Khan, MD