What is the Best Way to Care for Blisters from Tattoo Removal?

Is there a particular cleaning regimen you recommend after the blisters pop, or a certain cream that should be applied to the area?

Laser tattoo removal aftercare and blisters

+2

The best thing to do is be gentle with the blisters. If they have popped, do not peel the skin from the roof of the blister off. Allow it to come off on its own accord. Gentle cleaning with soap and water followed by vaseline is what I recommend for my tattoo removal patients. Really large blisters that have not popped can be lanced in the doctors office or by a healthcare worker familiar with taking care of these types of lesions.

Stamford Dermatologic Surgeon

Blistering after tattoo removal

+2

I would call your doctor and have him/her drain the blisters. The blister roof should be left on the skin as this will help healing. Blistering need not lead to a scar or long term problems.