Is the bump on my nose from a slight injury going to be permanent? (photo)

Last wknd I went dancing with friends. While on the dance floor, some huge guy plowed into me in his drunken stupor and I fell backwards on to my butt. The glass I was holding slipped out of my hand and right smack onto the bridge of my nose! I immediately bled from a small laceration from the glass. 2 days after the incident, my right eye bruised. Its one week post injury and the cut itself is almost healed but the site is tender and my bump is more prominent. Is it permanent? I'm scared. :(

Bump following injury

+1

Hopefully it is just swelling from the laceration and the trauma to your nose. Was there a bump there before you had it hit? I would wait until all the swelling has settled, but you could see a rhinoplastic facial plastic surgeon during the healing period as sometimes an injection of steriod can be benefitial to improve the thickness.

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bump after nasal trauma

+1

It is common for the bridge of the nose to swell after being hit. Most of the time, this resolves and the nose returns to normal. However, there are times when a small callous can form. If it doesn't go down in six months, you may need surgery to correct it.

Andres Bustillo, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon