Received Cortisone Shot For Bump On Nostril 3 Weeks Post-Op. Can I Do More?

this is my 3rd week after my rhinoplasty. ive had a hard bump on my left nosteral ever since the surgery. i went to the doctor and he gave me a cortosone shot. but it is still there and very noticable. will it go away? or do i need to revise my nose?

Steroid Shots After Rhinoplasty

+1

I would wait, it's still very very early.  Give it some time, you would be surprised how it will evolve and change for the better.

Dr. Lay

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Healing after nasal surgery

+1

i would wait several months before being concerned.  irregularities are not unusual while healing.

cortisone shots can cause thinning and depressions of the skin and i would be careful with those

+1

Received Cortisone Shot For Bump On Nostril 3 Weeks Post-Op. Can I Do More?  Kenalog can be injected for post Rhinoplasty scar at monthly intervals however, if the lump is due to residual cartilage the kenalog will not make any changes.

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

Bump after rhinoplasty

+1

It's way to early to tell. Stay in close contact with your surgeon and see how things progress over the next 3-4 months.

Fort Lauderdale Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swelling, bump, on tip after rhinoplasty

+1

Three weks after surgery is fairly early. Your nose will continue to change in the weeks and months to come, particularly at the tip where the skin is thicker than on the bridge. It was a good idea to inject the cortizone, but it may be premature to precipitate more treatments at this time.Unfortunately, although you may find the asymmetry bothersome, time and patience are the best course of action at this time.

Montreal Facial Plastic Surgeon