Will the Bruising Go Away? Will the Cut Near the Stitches Heal? (photo)

I had a lowerlid blepharoplasty to remove my puffy eye appearance along with fat grafting 5 weeks ago. Eeven after 5 weeks, my right eye has bruising which looks like puffy eye. It hurts when on the slightest pull near the lowerlid area. I have a deep cut near the right eye. During the Post Op appointment, my surgeon promised that the cut would heal and look completely normal as soon as it heals. Its been more than a month but it still looks very obvious. Will it ever heal? Please advise.

Postop Swelling

+1
You have significant bruising and swelling from your procedure. Although prolonged, it should improve with time. Discuss with your surgeon further. Alll the best.

Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Bruising after eyelid surgery

+1

Unfortunately some patients stay bruised longer than others. As for why your eye is more swollen and bruised, you would have to be seen in person. Best to follow closely with your surgeon.

Questions about blepharoplasty scars

+1

The deep cut you are referring to is either some degree of hyperpigmenation of the scar or an indentation due to the scar.  Given time this should resolve on its own.  

Bruising after blepharoplasty

+1

After blepharoplasty, bruising, swelling, skin discoloration, and dark or red scars are all normal. For some people this lasts days to weeks. For others, especially people with dark skin, it can be months before these resolve. 

The eyelids heal very well, so given time your scars should be barely noticeable.

Dana Goldberg, MD
Jupiter Plastic Surgeon

Dark skin healing is slow

+1

I am a Pakistani physician and very familiar with brown skin. You appear to have brown skin as well. Any scar heals a little slower with usually some darkness in our kind of skin. Your result looks excellent. She/he did a great job. The healing process is slow, so hang in there, you will heal really well. For now use a concealer and make up if needed. One product called Dermablend is available in Macys and Nordstorms and is very good at concealing any prolonged bruising. Also, be very careful with sun exposure. If you have prolonged darkness after healing is complete you might need bleaching creams.

Regards

Dr. J

Disclaimer: This answer is not intended to give a medical opinion and does not substitute for medical advice. The information presented in this posting is for patients’ education only. As always, I encourage you to see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon