Why is the Bridge of my Nose So Thick. It's Been 10 Months Since I Had Rhinoplasty? (photo)

Why is the bridge of my nose so thick? It's been 10 months since I had rhinoplasty?

+2

More photos and additional details about your surgery would really be necessary to provide you with the best advice. You may still have some residual swelling after 10 months. In general, the final result of rhinoplasty may not be evident for 18-24 months after surgery. 70% of the swelling is resolved after the first 3 months and the remainder goes down over time. I would recommend giving it a bit more time and see how you continue to heal, and speak with your surgeon about any questions you have in the meantime. I hope this helps, and best of luck.

Thick nasal bridge

+2

It is hard to say in your case without seeing pre and post photos in several different views. However, the nsoe can stay swollen for a year or more in some patients.

Narrowing Your Nose May be Beneficial

+1

I would address this with your surgeon. Because the photo was taken so close to the nose, it is difficult to assess how wide your nose. If you are not happy with the width of your nose, you may want further narrowing surgically. Waiting at least 12 months after surgery is key to avoiding unnecessary surgery.

Dr. Richard Zoumalan. Beverly Hills, CA

Richard A. Zoumalan, MD

Why is the Bridge of my Nose So Thick. It's Been 10 Months Since I Had Rhinoplasty?

+1

Preoperative pictures would help as well as knowing what was done during the procedure.  You may benefit from additional narrowing of the dorsum.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Excessive with of the base of the nose 10 months after rhinoplasty might benefit from secondary in fracturing

+1

The specifics of your operation or not mention but it looks as though you might benefit from in fracturing if it was not performed at the original operation.