I am interested in a breast lift, areola reduction, and overall size reduction of my right breast. Which is the Best Breast Lift

I am 20 years old and have not had any children. I am interested in a breast lift, areola reduction, and overall size reduction of my right breast. Which breast lift method would work best for me with the least amount of scarring? - Regnault Mastopexy, Benelli Mastopexy (Peri-areolar Lift), or the dreaded lollipop lift? How much improvement can I expect? How much would it cost? Thank you in advance.

BEST Breast Lift in your case

+1

I largely agree with Dr. Edelson's response. The variety of responses from experienced Plastic surgeons demonstrates that your condition does NOT have a uniform, simple answer and is therefore subject to our experiences.

What needs to be considered is your
- young age
- the fact you have yet to complete your family (and have undergone the breast changes seen in the process).
- You have large areolae which occupy a large portion of the surface of the breasts
- your breasts are quite asymmetric with the breasts on the left side of the pictures being BOTH larger and saggier than than the other side.

Before climbing the operating room table for ANY of a number of procedures you MUST understand that due to your young age and the expected changes TIME, WEIGHT CHANGES and PREGNANCY would impose on you unoperated or operated breasts the changes would NOT be long lasting. Is it worth it to you at this point in your life to have relative short lasting breast lift results? If so, the next question would be do you want your larger breast reduced in volume?  If so, the smallest incision/scar that could be used to reduce that breast would result in a lollipop scar. Finally, the amount of LIFTING achievable by each Breast Lifting technique is NOT equivalent. The shoter, the less conspicable the scar, the less capable it is to bring about major lifting.

That being said, Periareolar Breast Lifts MAY be the conservative compromise which may best suit your  short term breast lift goals. A better way to "play it safe" is to wait until you complete your family and then urdergo a more definitive, much longer lasting lift which is left apt to be reversed by one or more pregnancies.

Memphis, TN

Full lift

+1

It is certain that you need a lift.  You can have a definite improvement with a periareolar lift, or Benelli

lift which will tight your breasts.  To get a reduction of the right breast and to get your breasts up on

our chest, you will need a full lift (mastopexy) including elevating the position of the nipple areolar

coplex,and tightening the skin on the underside of your breasts to push them up on your chest

where they are supposed to be as well as allow you to make adjustments in size.  You will have the lillipop scar.  It's the only way to get thebest result.  Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to be sure you get the best results.

E. Anthony Musarra II, MD

Breast lift

+1

The assume try you have is impossible to correct without scars at all. I'm not a big fan of Benelli lift and think that it would not lift the right areola enough.  I can understand why you do not want the scars of a mastopexy.  If you were my daughter, I would advise against any surgery at all in your situation.  You are too young for the scars to be a worthwhile trade off at this stage of your life. as symmetry of the breasts is extremely common.  I would suggest you wait until after you are married and are done having children.  Your breasts will likely change quite a bit between now and then..

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Not all Breast Lift Techniques will give you the same outcome

+1

Hi there-

It is very important to your long term happiness that you understand a few things (as once performed, the changes in your breasts after a lift may be impossible to reverse):

• While there are many ways to "lift" a breast, each technique will necessarily be associated with a particular change in the breast shape and position. This is, in fact, why there are so many different techniques in the first place...
  • As this is the case, the best way to determine the best technique for any individual patient is to understand the deficiencies in her current breast shape and what her goals are- it then becomes easier to understand (and help her understand) which technique will get her as close as possible to her goals- now and in the longer term.
  • Some of the techniques may have longer scars than others, but what really matters is how these scars will mature and fade over time (and this is largely dependent on your biology and the surgeon you choose). 
  • The shape of your breasts is more important than the scar (provided you choose an experienced plastic surgeon). In other words, if you have a cute little scar but your breasts are funny looking, you will be unhappy.

Look at a lot of photos, and choose your surgeon carefully. Also bear in mind that in patients like yourself, it may take more than one procedure to get you all the way to your goal.

Good luck!

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Regnault breast lift gives best results.

+1

Hi.

The Regnault lift does have lollipop scars, but they fade and women don't dread them.  This operation will give you the best long term shape and symmetry, because it reshapes the breast internally and does not rely on pulling the skin..

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Breast Lift for YOU!!!

+1

Too make the aereolas smaller and then lift the right breast; the peri-aeroler will certainly work for that.  You may need to have a Lolipop on the right to get a breast that looks more like the other one.  This is not a dreadful scar, honestly.  In time the scar fades to match the color of your skin in that area.  It heals beautifully and no one will notice if you don't point it out.  

At least keep an open mind to this.  No one wants a visible scar, but when you understand how to get the end result, you will be happier with the scar than with the assymetry to have now.

Warmest regards

Robert B. Winslow, MD (in memoriam)
Folsom Plastic Surgeon

Which lift is best

+1

Thank you for the photos.  Obviously without examining you it's hard to say for sure.  I do think you can get nice improvement in the nipple areola position and its reduction with a periareolar lift.  This will equalize the breast somewhat, and any additional reduction can be done with liposuction.  I would speak to several doctors in your area before proceeding.  Good luck.

Steven Schuster, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Mastopexy

+1
given your age and anatomy look into the periareola lift. problem always with this operation is to find someone that really likes to do this variation. some surgeons down talk it which is why you want some one who does it often.

Sherwood Baxt, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon