Will the Breakdown of Juvederm Affect the Developing Fetus?

I got Juvederm Ultra injection into my lips and conceived in a month after the treatment. I was told it would stay in my body for up to 1 year. I am really concerned about by baby's health. Will the breakdown of Juvederm affect the developing fetus?

Juvederm

+1

Juvederm is injected into the skin in the mid to upper dermis and slowly absorbed by the body.  Although no studies have been conducted by Allergan, the maker of Juvederm, the filler should not affect the developing fetus.

Juvederm and pregnancy

+1

Obviously it's recommended not to have injections while you are pregnant. However, many, many, many women get pregnant while they still have Botox or Dysport or fillers in their bodies. It's ok. Don't get anything else done until you are through your pregnancy and breastfeeding, but don't panic about removing fillers now. Just enjoy your pregnancy.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD