If I Get the Brazilian Butt Lift, Wouldn't I be Able to Burn the Fat Off, Is that Likely?

if I get a brazilian butt lift since its my own body fat wouldn't I be able to burn it right back off?? Just a thought because I wouldn't wanna spend all of that money and it all disappears after a few months of working out...

Brazilian Butt Lift: maintaining results, weight loss

+3

The Brazilian Butt Lift is a natural and effective procedure to create a perky sensual buttock to maximize the aesthetics of the body.  When fat that is sculpted and harvested from your body, and then injected into the buttocks, it will be supported and kept alive by the surrounding tissues.  Once you have recovered, that fat is living and will give you long lasting results.  If you then lose weight, those fat cells will shrink just like the fat cells everywhere on your body and vice versa if you gain weight.  As long as you maintain a healthy weight, exercise and training, especially the gluteal muscles, will not affect your results.  A detailed consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon will help create the perfect treatment plan to give you sensual sexy shape and figure.

La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Brazilian butt lift and weight changes

+2

Butt lifts are a fat transfer technique. When fat is transferred the cells-not just the fat deposits-are transferred. Losing fat (or gaining fat) afterwards makes a very small difference in your shape. I liken it to making a coke bottle out of a coke can. Large or small a coke bottle looks better than a can. It's a sculpture like surgery, so look for the art-not just the science-behind the consultation experience. All surgeries carry risk. Consult a board certified plastic surgeon who has done a ton of Brazilian Butt Lifts, and who's credentialed to do this surgery at a local hospital. Even if the surgery is performed in an office setting, having someone else check his or her credentials helps you feel safer.

Ayman Hakki, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Brazilian Butt Lift - Will exercise cause loss of volume?

+2

You ask a good common-sense question. If you lose a critical amount of fat you may see a reduction of volume in the buttocks. It all depends upon how much fat you lose after surgery as well as where the fat in the buttock was transferred from. Most women will identify a particular area of fat that is the most stubborn area to lose from and that's where I will try and harvest fat for transfer to the buttocks. The thinking is that those fat cells will be slower to give up their fat if a patient loses a substantial amount of weight after surgery. Having the procedure done with you at a more ideal body weight will decrease the chance of this happening. Best of Luck  Dr Harrell

Jon F. Harrell, DO

Brazilian butt lift And postop exercise

+1

The Brazilian butt lift is a liposuction and fat injection. What you're doing with this procedure is liposuction the fat cells from problem areas and injecting those fat cells into the buttocks. Problem areas are areas that have a high concentration of fat cells so when calories come into the body and are stored you store more in this problem area with its high concentration of fat cells. This is why these places are the 1st place you gain weight and the last-place you lose weight.

So after the Brazilian butt lift your buttocks has become the problem area with the high concentration of fat cells. So now when you exercise you will lose weight from all the other parts of the body 1st and the buttocks last. So exercise only makes you look better and curvier because you lose more weight from abdomen and waist then you will the buttocks. Exercise is good, curves are good. Exercise without fear you'll only look better.

Wendell Perry, MD

Burn off the BBL

+1

Your weight loss would not target the transferred fat cells. Assuming you waited the proper amount of time after the procedure, your weight loss would be as it normally is distributed.  Certain areas may be more or less notable for weight loss but the relationships created with the liposuction in addition to the fat grafting will always be there.  If, of course, you lose massive amounts of weight, then yes, you will likely be seeing a smaller buttock.  Plan your weight with your board certified plastic surgeon.

Ricardo A. Meade, MD

A Brazilian Butt Lift should not be done when you plan on losing weight

+1

You are somewhat right. When we transfer fat from from elsewhere to the buttocks we trasfer the fat and their content. The fat cells which survive the transfer will reflect your metabolic status. If you watch you diet and begin to exercise vigorously you will burn the fat stored within the fat cells and their collective sze will shrink. In you decide to on a cheese burger diet and no physical exertion the fat cells will take in a lot more in stored fat and the buttocks will greatly increase in size. 

In summary, fat grafting, including a Brazilian Butt Lift should be based on your current metabolism, activity and weight. If you plan on losing weight, do it before your ft transfer. 

Exercise And Its Effect On Buttock Fat Injections

+1

It is important to differentiate the normal process of fat injection and its potential survival thereafter and the effects of exercise and weight loss on fat. They are the same even if they can occur simultaneously. How well and how much fat survives after injection into the buttocks is a multifactorial process that is both variable and unpredictable. Whatever fat is going to be resorbed after surgery will occur fairly quickly and the final volume retained will be apparent  by three months. In contrast, exercise can cause fat cells to shrink but does not affect whether they will survive or not. Exercise has no known effect on whether transplanted fat cells survive or not. 

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Will the Brazilian Butt Lift fat go away when you exercise...?

+1

When having the Brazilian Butt Lift, there are a few things you need to understand....

What most people don't understand is that when you exercise or diet and "burn" fat, the fat cells don't go away.  You are burning the fat inside of your fat cells. The fat cells stay there, they are just each a little smaller.  Under normal circumstances, you don't make new fat cells and they don't go away. They just get bigger or smaller.  So, if you have the BBL done and then lose weight or "burn" fat, the cells will shrink but you will still have more volume than you would have had if you hadn't had all of those new (even though they are smaller) fat cells placed in your buttocks.

The number one most important thing is to be sure your new fat cells survive being transferred to your buttocks.  Be sure you find a Plastic Surgeon experienced with the BBL to perform this surgery for you!

Daniel P. Markmann, MD