Could the Brava system help with my tuberous shape? (Photo)

I have read suggestions on this website stating that the Brava system can help tuberous breasts through tissue expansion. This has been said regarding a dual process of both at home (Brava) and augmentation/corrective surgery. I lack the money for any PS currently and wonder if Brava alone could help my shape as my constriction is mild. Thanks in advance (:

Could Brava help correct tuberous breasts?

+1
Thank you very much for your enquiry. It is possible that the Brava system may help your bust size slightly.

In my experience the Brava system can produce some increase in volume of the bust but most patients I have seen have found this to be temporary.

I do not think a Brava will change the overall shape of your bust significantly and I think to achieve this the best option would be to consider a breast implant possibly with an areola reduction.

I think it would be worthwhile looking at our website aurora-clinics.co.uk which has lots of information about the types of implant and actual videos of the operation being performed.

I wish you the best of luck if you do decide to go ahead with surgery.

Best wishes

London Plastic Surgeon

BRAVA for tuberous breast

+1
Brava may be helpful to you, but breast augmentation should be adequate without Brava. Brava will be a significant investment, at least $1500 but probably more, and you should put your $ in the bank and save them for the better, more long lasting procedure. Brava alone does not lead to sustained results.
Financing plans may be worth exploring.

Michele A. Shermak, MD

The Brava System

+1
Thank you for your question on breast augmentation.

• The BRAVA system can expand your breast to allow for better placement of an implant or for fat injections. It may expand your constriction but I know of no studies done that show that it is effective for tuberous breasts for permanent expansion.

Best Wishes.
EM

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

BRAVA

+1
I do not think BRAVA alone will help, the idea is to stretch the tissue to make room for implantation of fat. I suggest looking for a resident clinic at a local teaching hospital where you can get aesthetic surgery from trainees being supervised by professors of plastic surgery

BEST OF LUCK!

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC

Brava and Tuberous Breast

+1
Brava can be a useful tool in the treatment of tuberous breast deformity but only if you are planning to have fat transfer breast augmentation.  The use of the Brava alone will not give you any long term results.

Michael B. Tantillo, MD

The BRAVA system can expand the breast but needs to be continued

+1
Thank you for your question.  If you are planning a breast augmentation or fat transfer the BRAVA system is a good pretreatment to expand and stretch the breast.  However if you discontinue using the BRAVA system without having volume added by implant or fat your improvement will fade.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

BRAVA is a great tool to use with fat grafting!

+1
BRAVA is a non-invasive means to enhance the volume of the breast.  Unfortunately when the system is not used the breast size will return to normal.  It you use fat graft from your own body then much of the volume increase can be maintained.

Robert Whitfield, MD, FACS